Ohhh day two... what can I say... Frank has been having this habit of "holding it" until nap time because he knows he can make it til 1:00 and then peeing in his underpants... so I talked to a friend of mine who is an ABA therapist and potty trains kids with Autism... she said this is a technique kids use to see if they can -outsmart you-... she said we have to push fluids really hard prior to nap time and he is not aloud to nap till he uses the potty... NO NAP!? I knew this could get hairy... and you can imagine... a tired baby who really has to pee but is being so stubborn because he thinks he can go pee as he can talk mommy into putting on his underpants {which believe me he tried...} we got this sad face

The rest of the day was much better... I hate to say it but i think we -broke him- haha
People keep asking me why am I pushing this potty training so hard... maybe he is not ready... but we feel he is ready {or at least I do and Frank really hates buying diapers}... He listens to commands... he stays dry for long lengths of time... he tells us when he is going pee or poo... he HATES to be "dirty" and throws a fit... problem is... he is a lot like me... he is really unsure of -NEW- things and is hesitant... so he hates to go in a diaper and is unsure of the potty... I feel like now is the perfect time... I am not working and I only have one little man so why not? I am hoping with the success of today he will continue to improve on day three :)


No comments:
Post a Comment