Thursday, June 3, 2010

Potty Diaries: Day 1

Potty Training... what can I say... no fun... but necessary

Overall I have to declare today a successful day for potty training... he went pee in the potty 6 times and only had two accidents...{statistically i say that is a success} both accidents were in his underwear... and when we let him go completely naked... no accidents!
Some useful strategies that have worked for us...
1. Naked baby! He was confused by underwear and would have accidents in them... I think we will have to work up to underpants...
2. Capri Suns... juice boxes... snacks... we usually try limit his juice intake... but for potty training dropped all the rules... seriously push fluids...we are using the standard M&M reward... but he really has not figured that out completely yet...
3. Have plenty of fun things to do in the bathroom while sitting. He would get antsy sitting aimlessly waiting to get off...books, sing, cars, watch movies, etc. Just keep him happily occupied.

Hopefully tomorrow will be even more of a success... updates are sure to follow...

No comments: