Monday, November 3, 2008

Hanging with Mr. Croup-er



Last night and especially this morning baby frank has had this terrible "barking" cough. I thought that maybe I should call the doctor then, but not wanting to be a hypochondriac parent I decided to wait it out a bit more... so I went to the gym to workout this morning, but I was told baby Frank was too sick to go to the nursery... While driving back home I was on the phone with my friend Chie... who is a pediatric -hematologist/oncologist and in typical Chie fashion he was able to tell me that Frank most likely had croup and I needed to see the doctor... so I decided I should probably call his the pediatrician after all to get him checked out. The doctors confirmed croup and gave him a prescription to help with his cough etc. This is the first time he has been sick, and thus far baby frank appears to be one of the happiest sick babies ever! He still has a terrible cough and is wheezing, but he has not let it slow him down in the slightest! He has been very happy and playful, but a little drowsy and fussy at times as well which should be expected... now we are just waiting to see who will get sick next... 

1 comment:

Megs said...

hope he feels better soon!