Today was Frank's first day of school! I have been planing for this day all summer. Slowly gathering all the appropriate materials... meticulously labeling all of his supplies...Worrying about him making friends in yet another new school... I have quite possibly been a crazy person these past few days. While you might think it is only Pre-K... it is the all day, 5 days a week, Catholic school kind of preK... so i might as well be sending him to first grade... I found myself thinking I know he is ready for this... but am I ready for this? Ready or not... The alarm went off this morning (which in our house is Charlie) and off we go! It was a whirlwind getting him out the door with the other two this morning. He did not like the outfit I had picked out, so I let him choose his own clothes this morning, which was NEW... I think he looks very handsome though. With all the chaos we made it to school on time! And even had time for a photo-op before school
 |
| First Day of School 2012 |
 |
| Being super silly before school |
I have been asking him all week "what do you want to be when you grow up" for this chalkboard, at first he said, "Phineas and Ferb mac n cheese" to which I replied, "No, not what do you want to EAT, what do you want to be?"
He has also told me he wants to be a "Frank" and a "Robot". {when i was in kindergarten i said i wanted to be a "babysitter"... which now days is kind of true} I read some "When I grow up books" with him this week to give him some ideas, but he still was not giving me a straightforward answer. Last night he said, "I want to be HAPPY"... exhausted of trying to get an answer from him I gave up asking. Then as i was thinking deeply last night I really liked that answer, I mean seriously... how adorable is that... all he wants to be is HAPPY! I mean come on, he is such a thinker... and We truly want nothing more from him than for him to be -happy- in life... I was all set to put Happy on the board... it was perfect, it was so Frank.
Then this morning I asked one more time,"What do you want to be when you grow up? Fireman? Policeman?"
Then Frank SHOCKED me by saying," No! No! No! I don't want to be a Fireman or Policeman, I want to be a doctor like daddy!"
Seriously... I am slightly post-baby/oldest baby growing up too fast hormonal and I could have just started crying right there (except them we would have been late... so stiff upper lip and power through). So I wrote it on the board and we took some cute pictures. I didn't make him specify MD or PhD... maybe that will be for next year...
 |
| I want to be a doctor like daddy! |
 |
| showing off his new backpack |
 |
| Big guy ready for school! |
 |
| Then he took a quick "selfie" and we were off! |
Running into school with all three... was crazy! I had all these pictures I was going to take (in my mind) and well... that did not happen! Frank was over the mom-arazzi... he was ready to get started!
 |
| forced smile in front of his cubby |
 |
| Blurry pic of him "checking in" |
 |
| another blurry pic... but the face says it all |
 |
| ready to start the day! |
And just like that he started a new school year...
His entourage was happy to accompany him... and of course will be happy to pick him up!
I seriously thought after how I felt at open house... that I might cry. Which is insane and completely caught me off guard... He has always gone to daycare/school... his is a big tough guy... he wasn' crying or screaming about not wanting to go to school... even so, I remember sitting with him at open house and was so shocked to find that big old lump in my throat about him growing up... Luckily drop off was so chaotic I did not have them time to be emotional... I never thought I would be the emotional type in these situations... I find that it is not necessarily him growing up that is so difficult... but the letting go, which I am sure never gets any easier. Luckily I get to spend the rest of the day with two other awesome kiddos... hopefully they decide to stop growing up so fast! {because clearly frank has his own agenda and is not listening to mine!}
1 comment:
Awww- hope he has a great year of school! I still cry putting Luke on the bus. Big hugs and smiles.
Post a Comment