Monday, March 21, 2011

Hello Charlie!

A very early (5:00 am) Monday morning Frank4 and I headed to the hospital to meet our newest baby. We were very excited to find out what this baby looked like and more importantly if it was a boy or a girl! Daddy Frank caught a last picture of me pregnant with baby #2.

While hooked up to the monitors... we notices I was having strong contractions 8-10 minutes apart... I thought it was just the baby moving constantly... but apparently that was contractions... {much different that pitocin contractions}... looks like the super moon got something started!

At 7:30 I was wheeled into the OR. They prepped me for surgery and Dr. Kennebeck/Dr. McCluskey came into the room with Frank. I thought it was funny that Dr. McCluskey was Frank's senior resident while he was doing his OB rotation and now she was helping to deliver our baby. Similar to Frank... Charlie did not want to come out... Frank said it was the only time he has ever seen anyone need to use a vac on a csection... but eventually they pulled his head out... I thought he was completely out and i shouted... Boy or Girl!? The Dr replied," I can't really tell by the ears... but it has a lot of dark hair!"... Then suddenly they shouted it's a BOY!

Baby Charlie came into the world looking a lot like his brother... and a lot like mommy :)

One of the main reasons I wanted a VBAC was because when Frank was born I had to wait two hours to hold him while I was in recovery. I had talked to Dr. Kennebeck about this and she promised, barring any complications, I would be able to hold him in the OR.

I was overjoyed to not only be able to hold him... but to carry him to recovery and keep him with me the entire time. He was able to nurse immediately and stayed by my side practically the entire day!


Welcome to the world Mr. Charles Casey Hartge! Charles is my grandfather's name {Charles Isaiah Hayes} and Casey is Grandma Hartge's maiden name.

No comments: